Branch Manager - Carpet & Flooring
Interior Logic Group - Property Services, formerly known as CriterionBrock, a leading supplier of flooring to the multi-family housing industry will add a talented Branch Manager to our team in Chantilly, VA.
The Branch Manager is responsible for the Operations staff, Installation workforce, all aspects of inventory, and all service-related activities of the branch. The Branch Manager consistently maintains the highest standards of quality and reliability in customer relations, leads the Branch Operations Team and collaborates with the sales team to achieve targeted results.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads branch operations team and collaborates with sales team to deliver market leading installation quality and customer service in order to grow branch sales to achieve targeted results as measured by company standards.
- Directs all Operations staff and is responsible for installation subcontractors. Ensures compliance with Company policies, procedures and directives, customer requirements, safety procedures, and programs including:
- Inventory control and system inventory management; ensures branch communicates effectively with Purchasing on inventory shortages, surpluses and changes in demand.
- Inventory allocation; ensure the accuracy and efficiency of materials used for day-to-day orders.
- Warehouse control; supervision of warehouse staff and operations including material preparation, staging, and transfer to installers. Orchestrates deliveries and pickups through staff.
- Provides leadership and works to develop and retain highly competent, team and customer-service oriented staff which support Criterion Brock’s mission and values.
- Responsible for people management; hiring, development, and terminating employees. Ensures that hiring practices are conducted in line with company procedure and that all company, federal and state hiring guidelines are followed. Monitors/evaluates staff performance; provides coaching for performance improvements and skill development.
- Demonstrates good judgment through allocation and oversight of company resources, including physical assets, employees’ time, and other controllable expenses to support branch profitability.
- Delivers company initiatives according to scope and schedule by effective planning and execution.
- Business degree with knowledge of and management experience in the floor covering industry. Deep knowledge and understanding of flooring products, materials and installation preferred. Past sales experience a plus.
- Previous leadership experience in a fast paced, consistently evolving, high volume environment with many moving parts position with the ability to stay two steps ahead of what’s needed next is critical.
- Understanding of inventory management and control; experience with inventory management systems a plus.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing a group of people with various responsibilities; requires demonstrated leadership and team building skills; ability to select, develop and motivate employees.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, problem solve, & use internal resources wisely.
- Extensive experience with customer service and ongoing customer relationships.
- Computer proficient; ability to work in Word, Excel and internal databases effectively and efficiently and solid math skills needed.
- Depends on branch size 3-12
- Installation and Warehouse Supervisor, Inventory Coordinator, Warehouse, Customer Support, etc.
- Office and Warehouse environment, frequent use of office equipment, verbal and electronic communication, some travel to job sites.
- Ability to use office equipment, warehouse equipment, lift 70+ lbs., drive a vehicle, communicate verbally and in writing.
401(K) + Match, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD