Payroll Associate - Part Time - Job #1714 (Milwaukie, OR)
Do you want to work for a company that has a strong culture, and realizes the value of its employees? Are you a dedicated, hard-working individual who wants to be part of a team that is successful and makes a difference? We only hire the very best. If you have what it takes, you should apply!
Interior Logic Group Property Services, a leading supplier of flooring to the multi-family housing industry will add a talented Part-Time Payroll Associate to our team in Milwaukie, OR.
The Part-Time Payroll Associate will provide accurate administration of payroll systems, data reporting, and other related administrative duties. Bi-weekly payroll processing and processing other pay batches or manual checks as needed. Completes data entry, filing, and other duties in general support of Payroll, HR and Finance department functions.
- Ensures smooth ongoing operational support and provides technical expertise for Payroll systems; audits data for quality control in terms of accuracy and completeness of data to maintain integrity of information payroll databases; ensures security of all data provided.
- Responsible for payroll administration, including processing, importing and verification; responds to court orders regarding child support, liens, garnishments, bankruptcies and other court actions.
- Create and maintain employee payroll files.
- Enters data that relates to new hires, terminations, employee status changes, compensation, reporting changes and other types of payroll related changes.
- Develops reports in order to readily access payroll data; collaborates with HR to provide analytical data including demographics, headcount, turnover, etc. on a regular basis; identifies issues for forecasting and trending purposes.
- Other duties as assigned to support general Payroll, HR and Finance functions.
- Firm grasp of payroll fundamentals including: pay-week, pay-periods, pay-dates, overtime calculations, federal and state employment and payroll laws, and labor practices pertaining to payday law and payroll administration.
- Experience using ADP Payroll software preferred.
- Proficient in use of MS Outlook, Excel, Word and database programs; knowledge of database maintenance concepts.
- Pays excellent attention to details, maintains a high degree of confidentiality, has superior organizational and time management skills and is able to juggle multiple tasks while meeting strict deadlines and maintaining composure.
- Strong customer service and team orientation with professional demeanor and communication skills; demonstrated ability to clearly communicate concepts and solutions to others.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skill; able to multitask and take initiative to anticipate, troubleshoot and follow-up to resolve issues or recommend actions/solutions; project management and implementation skills desired.
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to respond to constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm is an absolute requirement of the job.