Estimator - Job # 1750 (Portland, OR; Phoenix, AZ; or La Mirada, CA)
Do you want to work for a company that has a strong culture, and realizes the value of its employees? Are you a dedicated, hard-working individual who wants to be part of a team that is successful and makes a difference? Does your current employer reward you with Incentive Bonus Checks, and 401(k) + Matching? We do!
We believe it’s important for us to take care of our employees, for after all, our employees take care of our customers. We only hire the very best. If you have what it takes, you should apply!
Interior Logic Group - Property Services, formerly known as CriterionBrock, a leading supplier of flooring to the multi-family housing industry will add a talented Estimator to our team. The Estimator may be stationed at our offices in La Mirada, CA; Phoenix, AZ; or Portland, OR. We encourage qualified applicants from these areas to apply! Aside from training, we do not anticipate job-related travel.
The Estimator leads estimating in support of the Senior Living and Renovation teams. Supports the success of both teams by providing accurate take-offs, estimates, and collaborating with various departments to ensure projects are delivered according to cost and profitability expectations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads project estimating by providing scope review, costing information, preparing estimates and take-offs using company software, and coordinating other information for complete and accurate estimates.
- Delivers the most efficient material quantities without sacrificing installation integrity by utilizing excellent judgment related to installation techniques, material waste factors, and material layout.
- Accurately assesses branch installation skills and capabilities, and capacity to deliver projects according to scope of work by working closely with Branch Managers and Installation Supervisors.
- Gathers cost information (labor and materials) and works closely with vendors and suppliers to ensure best costs and value engineered solutions are proposed. Develops accurate and comprehensive project cost estimates as the basis for upfront pricing decisions and for on-going management of project profitability and service delivery.
- Collaborates with Project Managers and upper management to improve estimating and project management systems, processes and outcomes. Identifies and proposes opportunities to maximize project profitability through improved costs, process, or other methods.
- Prepares documentation to support contract requirements (submittals, shop drawings, closeout packages, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Able to understand, evaluate and effectively respond to customer bid requests for large renovation and capital improvement projects, including blueprints, specifications, and lengthy RFPs and contract documents.
- Familiar and able to work effectively with construction industry practices, methods, materials, installations, specifications and conditions. Flooring or other construction estimating experience preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to influence others to meet goals and objectives. Ability to work independently and amongst cross-functional teams.
- Professional communication skills; written and verbal.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook). Ability to adapt well to various software applications. CAD software experience a plus.
- Experience in a project management environment preferred; successful oversight of multiple projects without heavy supervision.
401(K) + Match, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD